On November 6, 1945 a baby boy is born in a small village outside of Nadi, Fiji.
One of 6 children, people noted the young boy had an adventurous spirit.
As a young man, this adventurous spirit would take him thousands of miles on a journey that hundreds of others would follow.
But this isn’t just a story about another Rugby League player.
This is the story about a man who took incredible risks on behalf of his family – and his people.
This is the story of the first Fijian.
This is the story of Apisai Toga.
- Colin Saukuru is Apisai Toga’s nephew and played for St George 1995- 1997
- Brother Inisai Toga
- Sydney Morning Herald
- Rugby League News
- Australian Fijian Rugby League Association
- Rochdale Rugby League Heritage
- Neil Bruckshaw – Rugby League Record Keepers’ Club
- Noqu Masu sung by Fiji Bati – V Samoa 2019 Pacific Cup